Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Bacon and Rain

The Little Guy (JJ) and I moved to Doha two months ago today and for the most part we are both loving it. 

Since moving to the Middle East, I've missed two things. Bacon and Rain. Don't get me wrong, I love the sun and all it has to offer; especially as it allows for JJ and me to get out and about during the waking hours. But I love a good thunderstorm. And bacon, ahhh, bacon. Let's just say I've never had to do without it and thus didn't realize how much I love it. 

So an interesting thing about Doha is that one can buy bacon, but they have to go to Qatar Distribution Center (QDC) or, as I like to call it, the Sin Store. At QDC, you, well my husband, buy(s) the alcohol and/or pork products. It is the only place in all of Qatar which sells these products. I am not allowed to even enter the store. Only my husband may enter... Let me tell you when people go, it's a go big or go home mentality.

(ExPats exiting QDC with boxes of Booze and Pork)


Anyway, I digress.

Today we (CJ and I) enjoyed bacon which we had been saving since last month's visit for the right occasion and it turned out to be a rainy day! Oh God, so dreamy. Bacon and Eggs while listening to the rain drum against the windows. Is this heaven? No, it's Doha.

(Rainfall is scarce, at a total of 75 mm (2.95 in) per annum. - Wikipedia)


(We enjoyed a rainy day photo shoot... as one does)

No comments:

Post a Comment